|Cheryl has been an avid member and held several executive positions with numerous networking and community organizations including CitiFest, Arthritis Foundation, Joints in Motion, Schedel Gardens, Toledo Main Street program, Toledo Chamber of Commerce, Business Network International, Women’s Entrepreneurial Network, Internet and Technology Association of Northwest Ohio and, since 1993, Marketing Education and DECA.Recently, Cheryl was awarded with the Fifth Third Award, 20 under 40; and an Honorary Lifetime Membership Award from Port Clinton DECA. Cheryl designed and created both the Gatsby Gala (Arthritis Foundation’s signature event) and the Garden Party (SchedelGarden’s most successful fund raiser). along with sitting on and participating in countless ither events for charity and private enterprise when style, creativity and flawless coordination were needed.She was nominated numerous times for the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 2001 and2002; Leadership Toledo, 2001 and 2002; and was awarded nationally in the Boy Scouts National Annual Report for a brochure she wrote and designed, “Jack’s Day at Camp,” to help explain the transitions as Camp Miakonda. Multiple Addy awards and Crystal awards were also added to the portfolio recently.
She was recognized by President Bill Clinton and State Representative Paul Gillmor for her accomplishments in business as well as her extensive community service including the creation of “Marketing BootCamp,” a marketing seminar for small businesses, and her manual, published in 1994, on the global benefits of Free Enterprise. Giving back to the community and to those organizations that help the company grow is an important part of the business plan for Hardy.
Cheryl attended the University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio; the University of Arizona, Tempe, Arizona; Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea Ohio
|• President of Hardy Communications and Marketing since 1997.• Recently attended the International Green Energy Summit in Berlin, Germany on behalf of the Marina District in Toledo, Ohio in cooperation with Dillin Corp. and Owens Corning as the public relations representative.• Created a re-branding plan and new vertical market strategy for a $150 million general contractor that included a detailed research program for the target markets within the multiple vertical market, an integrated strategic plan cross marketing the vertical markets and geography as well as a direct mail lead generation and prospecting program for specific vertical markets that produced a 40% response rate.
• Developed a new brand, marketing campaign and sales and marketing implementation project for a small firm who in only 8 months was able to have over $1 million in project quotes out – which would double their size.
• Engineered a cosmetic medical educational and sales campaign for a new product to the region that yielded extreme growth in the business year over year as well as branded the new medical firm as a recognizable name with the target market in just 2 years on a reasonable budget.
• Facilitated a successful strategic plan for a small, rural, woman owned business to create and implement a brand, a lead generation and prospecting system (target was accounts with a $150K+ budget) and a sales and customer retention program – all managed internally – in less than 8 months.
• Developed a branding strategy for Dillin Corp. to feature multiple, unique master planned projects under one common brand focused on retail leasing for national tenants for the ICSC convention in Las Vegas.
• Strategic marketing for Leivs Commons – 400 acre mixed-use, master planned community, Northwest Ohio’s first such development.
› Developed materials for large investors, national pre-leasing and the early retail branding.
› Managed PR and media relations for the on-going J. Preston Levis Commons development. Entirely responsible for Dillin Corp’s interaction with the media and Larry Dillin’s interviews and PR strategy.
› Designed, Built, Coordinated production, shipping and erection and managed the traffic and meetings at the Dillin Corp. ICSC booth in Las Vegas for the retail leasing and financial meetings for over 10 significant master planned, mixed use projects across the country.